We have taken the tough decision to close Bilsthorpe Flying High Academy School again tomorrow (Friday 2nd March).
Many local head teachers have consulted and the majority have come to a joint decision based on all the information we have available. Considering the treacherous road conditions, snow drifts and icy conditions, it feels that closing is reluctantly the correct decision to make.
The surrounding roads and immediate school grounds are already very dangerous.
We would prefer to wait until the morning but we understand that this can also cause problems for families trying to organise childcare.
This has been a very difficult decision to make but ultimately we put the safety of all children, families and all staff first.
We are sure that families will understand our plight and despite the inconvenience caused they will support our decision