Welcome to Pre-school
We opened in February 2016, and can be found in the Sure Start building.
Our Opening times are Monday to Friday 12.15pm to 3.15pm, offering 3 hours per day of child care.
We have free 2 year funded places and paid places available, with priorty places to the funded 2 year olds.
Paid places are £16 per session term time only and we also close for school INSET days and all school holidays.
If you think you may qualify for free 2 year funding please follow this website link-
or phone 03005008080
Our Ethos - Explore!
- We explore the world around us. We have a special focus on the outdoors, enhanced by our Forest schools activities. We are very lucky to have a huge outdoor area with it's very own woodlands all enclosed for safety, but great for young explorers.
We inspire creative and independant thinking, through our open-ended play activities, and by celebrating and listening to our children's ideas. We do 'in the moment' planning following the childrens lead creating an emotionally secure enviroment. Discover-
- We give children opportunities to follow their fascinations and discover their capabilities by planning our learning journey with them.
- We achieve our aims by;
- Creating an enviroment of fun and friendship for everyone, adults and children alike. We use the phrase, 'Home from Home' a lot, as that's how we want our pre-school to feel.
- Celebrating the unique characters of our children and embracing their different needs.
- Offering a wide range of opportunities for the children to develop their gross and fine physical skills.
- Providing a secure and stimulating environment so that all children have the confidence to develop and practice their language skills.
- Providing help and advice, offering community links through sure start and school services for all our families in Pre-school.
Look back with pride and forward with confidence